Thursday, July 3, 2008

Storms, Sonics and SICK

HAPPY Fourth of July weekend! I hope you all (whoever reads this blog anyway) have a fantastic weekend! If you think of it, light up a sparkler for me! ;) Tonite I am packing, packing, packing for a 3 day camping trip to Eastern Washington!! I can't wait. I went to the store last nite to stock up on vacay food, and somehow spent $70 on fixins for just one meal, bottled water and some snacks. Food is so expensive these days! I remember when my mom could easily buy groceries for our family of four for a week, spending $100 or less. Those days are long gone! Anyway. Camping! Friends! Fun!

Who doesn't love a good thunderstorm with some lightning thown in?? Here in the good ole PNW we rarely have any kind of exciting weather, unless you count that ridiculous snowstorm we had last April. Here, it is gray and rainy, then the sun peeks thru for a couple of months, then we go back to gray and rainy. But THUNDER! LIGHTNING! Love it.

The Supersonics are leaving Seattle. It's sad. To be honest, I don't really understand why they are moving. I know that a lot of people are glad they are leaving and others are deeply saddened and very angry. I know they have not had the best record and not a lot of people go to games. But at the end of the day, it's a loss.



Rush Limbaugh just signed a $400 million deal to stay on the radio for eight more years. Ridiculous does not begin to describe this news. It is just sick. I am a firm believer in our freedoms of speech and of press. I do not personally agree with Rush Limbaugh or anything that he stands for socially and/or politically..... but he does have every right to put his opinions out there. I DO find it disgusting and nauseating that ANYONE be paid ANYTHING near this figure to clog the airwaves with selfish rants and raves simply designed to shock and offend the masses. It is disheartening to live in a country and to be a part of a culture which would offer up this kind of greedy reward for classlessness. I cannot help but think that $400 million could go a long way to feed the 800 million people who are starving worldwide. $400 million could do a LOT of GOOD in this world. And I just can't find anything inherently GOOD about Rush Limbaugh.

Whew. That's all I have for now. :)

No comments: