Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another reason to love Summer....


... is lots of tennis. Namely, the Championships at Wimbledon.

I LOVE following this, the greatest championship in pro Tennis. And many years, I've gotten a bonus birthday gift of a Wimbledon final on my birthday. You cannot put a price on a Federer/Nadal final. And to be perfectly honest, some years, Wimbledon tennis has outshone any birthday gift I received. No offense, Mom. I just love this game THAT much.

Women's tennis? Ah. I can take it or leave it. Right now, the girls don't have much game. We've got the pretty, silly girls (aka Maria Sharapova.... and do not even get me started on Anna Kournikova, though I'm not even sure she still plays tennis, or if she ever really did) and the mean, self-involved ones (Williams sisters). Until the girls can step up with some class (aka Justine Henin, Steffi Graf), I will give a yawn and watch the boys play.

And for the record, I still miss Pete Sampras. Sigh.


1 comment:

KAMILLE said...

I knew there was something that also bonded you to our family--we too have a love of tennis. I'm not a long time supporter, but Ben has been and is definitely a Sampras fan as well. He would disagree with the women vs the men--he thinks the men's matches aren't as fun to watch compared to the women.